Developer needs ideas, what app do YOU want?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by detz, Aug 27, 2008.

1. detz macrumors 65816

I have a problem. I'm a fast and efficient programmer but my brain is so left sided I can't think of any good Apps to create so I'm reaching out to the populous to help me out. What kind of Apps would you like to see?

2. Greencardman macrumors 6502

3. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

:rolleyes: What part of that gave you that impression?

4. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

All though there are some good ideas in there, most of them can not be built either because you would have to work with the owner(copyright reasons) or it's not currently possibly using the SDK. Maybe I should have phrased my question,

"What app would you like to see that is currently possible and would not infringe on any copyrights?" :D

5. stevearm macrumors 6502a

I'd love to see an iRugby type app in the style of iFooty. There's a big market there and zero apps so far.

6. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

How about a pages/word compatible text editor. Currently everything in the app store is note based. As a writer I would prefer a more structured based app. Where a menu at the bottom of the screen has options like novel, ideas/notes, web links etc. Touching novel would bring up a list menu like in mail were you can tap to open the corisponding text file. Just my preference though I have no idea what the Market for one would be like

7. ogdogg macrumors 6502

PLEASE! Build a webcam app that works with the panasonic video cameras so that you don't have to use their website to view your webcam through safari. An iPhone app that did this would make me very happy. I'd be willing to bet that Panasonic would pay you a hefty sum to develop it for them as it would be sure to spur camera sales...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=549992 <-- view thread

8. jupstin macrumors newbie

A Seriously Great Idea

Detz,

I have an idea that I think would be incredibly successful. email me if you're interested at jupstin <at> hotmail dotcom. I am not a programmer, but I've been looking for someone to develop this idea.

9. itsm3cmg macrumors member

An oregon trail type game but not exactly the same so it wouldn't mess w/ copyrights. A bunch of other people and I would love it.

10. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

make a sweet RPG...if vay is the only RPG the iPhone can put out its sad

11. MrCasual macrumors newbie

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Video/Audio Recorder with GPS markers that can be transfered to your computer (by way of Google Documents if necessary).:D

13. doctajay macrumors member

Currently there are no Christian hymnals for the iPhone. This would be really easy to build and the lyrics for the hymns are free for anyone to use. I would suspect that alot of Christians would appreciate this app so that they can take their hymns anywhere. And if you really wanted to make the app appealing you could allow users to submit hymns to your site and then download them onto the program in case their are some hymns that you forget to include.

14. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I'm going to build this.

15. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I've always wanted a simple chatroom application that's like Shout...only without the amazing half a minute posting delay.

16. jim.lynch macrumors member

1)
    A single press to divert all voice calls to a given number.

2)
    A location sensitive App to wake you up shortly before your train reaches your home destination. Helpful following a few beers.

17. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Haha this is a great one. Would like to have that. But would it work when the iPhone is asleep? And it would kill your battery.

18. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

It would kill the battery because you would have to change your settings to no auto lock and thus it would leave the screen on. Probably only get 1.5-2 hours of runtime doing this. Not a bad idea though.

19. LangleyAls macrumors member

20. Greencardman macrumors 6502

I thought it might be a joke because there are app ideas floating around all over the place. But if not, here's mine:

A brainteaser-like word trivia game, where you guess the definition of a word. You old-school Reader's Digest fans know what I'm talking about. It keeps you on your toes and helps you learn new vocabulary, or tests your current knowledge.

21. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

i want the following:

- app to track and find cheap gas

- package tracking app for usps, ups, fedex, dhl, etc

- haveamint.com app to track web statistics

- TV guide app

- timecard app for people who get paid hourly... so you can enter in your hours and hourly pay rate and it will calculate how much you should get paid on a weekly or biweekly period.

22. Bodah macrumors regular

A Fantasy football application that works with Yahoo to view scores and change roster.

23. IFADV macrumors newbie

I have a killer app idea that I have not found anyone capable of building - yet. If you want to discuss send me an email and we can hook up.

24. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I want iCricket!