Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
Just curious, do any developers out there plan on holding any Black Friday sales (day after Thanksgiving in US)? I would love the opportunity to snatch up a few pricey apps at a discount ;)

Anyone think this is a good idea, or just silly?

tasset

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2007
That's a really interesting thought developers should entertain. Or possibly consider that many people are going to receive iTunes gift cards for Xmas and having a sale might sway shoppers to their apps over music/movies.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Black Friday sales have been going on for several months. Take advantage of them while they last.

Doug

You mean sales have been going on for several months. Because we have not yet reached black Friday it's impossible to have had them already! :p

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
You mean sales have been going on for several months. Because we have not yet reached black Friday it's impossible to have had them already! :p

Depends on what you call a Black Friday sale. Some sales on the weekends at some stores have been Black Friday-esque because they need the cash that bad.

But no, they haven't been Black Friday sales.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I hope some developers do this too. I still have a few bucks left from an itunes gift card that's burning a hole in my (virtual) pocket, but I haven't found anything lately that's really caught my interest for its price.

lw9090

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
Automated Ad

I think they should develop a way when you walk in a store (Best Buy, Target, etc) the ads would comeup on your iphone as a pdf...

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
I would offer a discount but Apple wont let me sell for less than $0.99. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.