Developers with Games on the store currently.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by detz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. detz macrumors 65816

Since my game has run it's course I've decided to change it to free but in doing so I want to try something. I want to see if there is a market for creating free games and charging for advertising instead so I'm looking for a few games to advertise on Super Pig when it goes free.

Since by doing this I'm sure I will generate some sales for you and to be fair if you want to participate I'm charging $20 flat fee for the life of the Super Pig app. I'm looking for 5 unique games and I'm going to rotate the ads every time the game is played as to not bore the user and to hopefully catch their attention.

I'm going to set up analytic's to track imps/clicks which I will share. The ad will probably be a banner around 480x35 at the bottom of the main screen and will be shown all the time and when the levels change. This banner must be provided by you. If the user clicks on the banner it will go straight to the app store.

Feel free to ask any questions, none of this is set in stone.

2. CommanderData macrumors regular

You might want to leave your paid version alone, and release a slightly modified free version. Nothing would make me delete an app faster than to have one that I paid for *without ads* suddenly go free and start showing me ads! I know a lot of people who feel the same way. Just some food for thought. There are examples of apps out there that are identical other than the fact that one is free with ads, and the other you pay for...

3. detz thread starter macrumors 65816

Good point, I shouldn't "update" the app I should release a new one.