developing an app including red laser SDK

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by CrAkD, Apr 22, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Im looking to make a simple app that uses the red laser bar code scanner SDK. Basicly all I want to do is modify what gos into the "raw barcodes" text file to include a spot to enter the quantity of each one. it would be a one off app that basicly only I would use. I was going to buy a developer account with them but I dont really know how the whole thing works. would I need an apple developer account as well? (My phone is jailbroken). id be willing to discuss a price for this should be pretty straight forward.

2. StevenHu macrumors member

You will need a developer account if you want to display your app in the App Store or on a device ("ad hoc"). So, yes, you'll need to sign up or you'll only see your program working in the Simulator.

3. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

Not quite.

If your phone is Jailbroken, and you would only use the app yourself then theres NO reason to get a dev account.

Google xcode 3.2.1 / iphone 3.1.3 no developer certificate etc and you should find a guide that helps.

I know it's possible as its what I'm doing to learn iPhone development - once I'm likely to create something worthwhile I'll pay my £59 for the official option but for now happily testing on my iPhone (jailbroken - also need to install appsync for 3.1.3 in cydia)