Developing Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by tximacusr, Sep 25, 2012.

1. tximacusr macrumors member

I'm a novice and would like to learn how to do apps.

My main question is do I need to take courses on Computer Programming 101 before I tackle Objective C, C++, and other languages? What else should I brush up on?

Thanks in advance.

2. firewood macrumors 604

Some people need to start with programming 101. Fewer people can dive right in to Cocoa Touch and advanced Objective C. You could always try it and back up quickly to any easier path if you find you are over your head. Or start with a really easy kids book and jump ahead if that's way to easy.

3. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

You need to have a self starter attitude and to have realized everything has been at your fingertips for years.

I have taken a single programming class... no wait, two. One was on "C++" (it was actually C, the instructor hardly touched objects,) the other was on MatLab. Neither was even slightly useful for making apps.

Google "Learn C the Hard Way" and get started. It's a free ebook.

Edit: Learn C. Every modern programming language is (or at least C++, Obj-C, and Java are) based off of C. Of course, all of my classes that have claimed to teach C++ actually covered C and little else, so, IDK why they bothered lying.