Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Hey,

I'm not sure if i can talk in any detail about the iPad development here yet?

I have a few questions about the new View structure and Implementation, would any developers be willing to discuss it through PM with me?

Maybe we could set up some kind of user group on PM till the official release?

Thanks..

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I don't believe you can get the iPad SDK unless you are a paid iPhone dev yet. I can't get it from my free account anyway. Don't know if it's under NDA but I presume it is.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
<shrug>

Despite it being a beta, it's there. Which means that Apple wants people to try the beta development tools for the iPad (etc), which means that if you need to ask questions, then you should ask questions. If there was no SDK beta out, I'd say that most people would be under a NDA.
But it's out, the iPad is public..

:cool:

EDIT: Hmm, iPhone Developers only, eh? Probably still under NDA then. However, I don't see any harm in asking one's question. If people cannot answer it because they're under NDA, then there won't be any answers.

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
<shrug>

Despite it being a beta, it's there. Which means that Apple wants people to try the beta development tools for the iPad (etc), which means that if you need to ask questions, then you should ask questions. If there was no SDK beta out, I'd say that most people would be under a NDA.
But it's out, the iPad is public..

:cool:

EDIT: Hmm, iPhone Developers only, eh? Probably still under NDA then. However, I don't see any harm in asking one's question. If people cannot answer it because they're under NDA, then there won't be any answers.

Yes but as a developer i am under the NDA, i don't want to risk my account for asking a question about some of the new features not released yet!

Thats why i want to ask some of the other developers here (who have experience and Apps on iTunes), there is one thing i can't get working and i need some help implementing that..

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Log into your iPhone developer account and go to the developer forums. There is a section for the 3.2 SDK beta.

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Log into your iPhone developer account and go to the developer forums. There is a section for the 3.2 SDK beta.

Am, didn't I meantion that forum earlier??? I know about that forum but no one is answering me! Over 100 people have looked at my question and not one response!! I'm trying to get this app done before release, I don't have weeks to wait for an answer I need help now, that's why I've come here! Website like this are ALWAYS faster than apples forums!

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I'm trying to get this app done before release, I don't have weeks to wait for an answer I need help now, that's why I've come here! Website like this are ALWAYS faster than apples forums!
You need to realize that others are not obligated to respond to your queries and you are not entitled to a response, especially when doing so would cause someone to violate their NDA. You get help as a favor not because others have to.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Am, didn't I meantion that forum earlier??? I know about that forum but no one is answering me! Over 100 people have looked at my question and not one response!! I'm trying to get this app done before release, I don't have weeks to wait for an answer I need help now, that's why I've come here! Website like this are ALWAYS faster than apples forums!

Pay for a tech-support incident from Apple.

Also, have you considered the possibility that your question, whatever it is, doesn't have an answer? Or if it does have an answer, that the answer is under NDA, not even for discussion on Apple's dev forums?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.