Developing with the iPhone sdk

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jamesapp, Dec 1, 2008.

1. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

I just bought The iPhone Developer's Coocbook by erica sadun. Wondering about writing programs for my jailbroken phone. Is there anything I should know about that is special for developing programs for my iPhone? One thing the book says is that you can't run programs directly on the iPhone until you have entered apple's iphone developer program. I called apple and the guy said if your phone is jailbroken, you can run your own applications. Just wondered if there was anything I need to know about developing programs for my iPhone?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Perhaps you should read it first before asking vague questions.

3. jamesapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did read the first chapter. How do I get past the code signature? The first program from the book is a hello world program, according to the book the iPhone uses code signing. Only properly signed programs are allowed to run on the iPhone. How do I get around this?

4. detz macrumors 65816

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Seriously? You coded "hello world" and already you are worrying about code signing?

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You need to get into the Apple Dev site and be a registered developer, which costs $100. It doesn't cost anything to use the iPhone simulator on your mac.

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

The SDK is for legit, signed apps. Most jailbreak apps are written with the iPhone-Dev Toolchain (see here) I think.