Development version of the OS

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Craigy, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Craigy macrumors 6502

Hi all - I am probably missing something really simple here - I can't seem to find a link to download the development version of the OS for our iPhone's / Touches - Do these install via iTunes or via the Developer programme?

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

If one is available (and there isn't one right now) it will be visible on your developer portal page. There will be a link for the beta OS. But like I said, currently, there are no beta OS versions available. And even when they are available, they are not available to all developers, only those accepted into the program prior to July 11th.

3. Craigy thread starter macrumors 6502

So does that mean we can't test our apps on an actual device? - I've done the certificates / device ID and created a provisioning profile....

4. firewood macrumors 604

Since the release of OS 2.0, you no longer need a development version of the OS to test on an actual device, only a development (or ad hoc) provisioning profile.

A couple months ago, and since OS 1.x couldn't run SDK apps, development versions used to be required before the 3G and OS 2.x were officially released. No more.

5. Craigy thread starter macrumors 6502

OK thanks so much. They could have stated a little clearer in the portal!

Cheers:D