Device Not Eligible - Upgrading 4.2.1 JB to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Blade007, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Blade007 macrumors newbie

Am I too late to be able to update to 4.3.3. I have been updating my iPhone 4 for a while now and jail breaking it and it has always been quite straight forward but now it doesn't want to work.

i have tried everything I have found so far on the net regarding adding and removing parts from the hosts file but I still get device not eligible.

So far it looking like I have to stay on 4.2.1 or go to 4.3.4 but I really want to keep a untethered JB.

Can anyone confirm.

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

As has been mentioned in other threads, Apple is no longer signing 4.3.3 so if you have not saved your 4.3.3 blobs you are out of luck.

3. Blade007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Gutted I thought that was the case. looks like I'm just going to have to go to a stock 4.3.4 as since my first post I have just had the e-mail from apple to confirm the unlock has now been done on my phone4 and need to restore in iTunes with another sim to complete.

4. Blade007 thread starter macrumors newbie

According to Tiny Umbrella is has SHSH's saved for my phone for 4.3.3 even though I have not every had this on my phone. But as it seems to think it has them for 4.3.3 does this mean I could downgrade. I have tried starting the TU services and doing a restore and it starts to work and puts my phone in to recovery mode but the waits for a while preparing and then gets an error 20.

5. Happytodd macrumors regular

My iPhone has 4.1 running on it, always has. However my TinyUmbrella says I have 4.2.1 and 4.2.b3 blobs saved aswell. Not sure if they are legit or not, sucks it never saved my 4.3.3 blobs would love to upgrade to that at some point!

6. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Blobs are always legit lol
    Also 4.2.1 is the best firmware for iPhone till date IMHO