Device Removal Message

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dsaad, Dec 1, 2008.

1. dsaad macrumors newbie

I keep getting "Device Removal" warning even when there isn't any device plugged into my laptop. How can I cure this?

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

3. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

Perhaps it's a bluetooth or wireless / networked device? I use Growl (a centralized notification system) + Hardwaregrowler (in the Growl dmg) on my MBP to notify me on changes. Perhaps you could give that a try to see what is actually causing these messages....

4. NickEm009 macrumors newbie

Have you put a Flash Drive or anything in the computer lately or is it randomly happening? If you have put a Flash Drive or something else in, try putting it into the computer and leaving it connected for a few minutes, then drag it to the trash can to eject it properly. Hopefully this works. If it does work, or it started happening randomly, I would go to your nearest :apple: Store.

5. dsaad thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing is working yet

I restarted my computer and that didn't work. It seems that when I plug in and external drive I get the message also and my computer no longer loads the device.

6. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

a dodgy cable or USB connection perhaps?

Swap out for a different cable, USB port & drive (if possible) and see if you get the same behaviour.