Device to Import Video from DVR?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by imacericg, Jan 9, 2009.

1. imacericg macrumors regular

I have some video on my DVR that I would like to get on my Mac. Is there a device I can buy that plugs into my USB port that has video jacks to plus to the DVR? Then I just click "record" in iMovie and "play" on my DVR?

2. techie4life macrumors 6502

I'm not completely sure if this would work, but I know the Elgato EyeTV 250 Plus has a video input. The website says "EyeTV 250 Plus also comes with a break-out cable for composite video and S-Video, enabling you to connect a set-top box directly to your Mac."

I hope that might answer your question in some way, if not all.

www.elgato.com

3. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

If you have a video camera just use the input\output to your mac and use the iDVD software to record it.

Samething works as a HDTV cnverter to.

4. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I use a Canopus unit that connects my vcr/dvd/dvr to my mac. It is firewire and seems to work better that a camera input. Also, I notice that many new cams do not have the video converter feature. The unit uses firewire and ran me about 250 off of tigerdirect. I usually import to iMovie 06, Final Cut, or straight to quicktime.

5. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

Well it figures they would remove this, make you spend every dollar in your pocket. I just said iDVD but any capture application will work.

I use my Sony to convert HD signals from the TV to Computer.