Device to use the Macbook pro lying down in bed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pjny, Oct 8, 2012.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

My friend has bad back and can only sit at a desk for limited amounts of time. She is looking for a device that can allow her to rest the laptop on while laying down in bed so it doesn't rest on her stomach and is angled so she can type.

Is there such a thing. The pressure is causing her stomach to hurt. I have seen laptop holders for cars and wonder if there is something similar.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

3. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks everybody. These are awesome. Anyone tried the Furrino or other ones listed.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I haven't tried any of them, as it's too uncomfortable for me to use the computer lying down.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I haven't, I'm just more familiar with that type of setup with people who are confined to their bed, makes it easier that lifting the whole thing up if they need to move or get up.

6. boredandlonely macrumors member

Sort of related.

A while back, I saw a small accessory 'wedge'(?) that could be used to hold various Apple laptop lids fully open, so it could be used more easily when on your back in bed. It slipped over both sides/ends, but only a few inches big, at each end of hinge edges (but not at hinge).

I know this is a poor description. It was sort of like these things in size and functionality (see pic).

Screenshot 2013-08-27 at 10.17.02 PM.png

I can't find the gizmo now that I want one. Any help? Any similar but NOT a full stand/hangar/etc.?

TY

7. carlyinoz macrumors member

My fiancé and I spend far too much time using our laptops in bed... our couch is too tiny ;) this is a super simple solution - and I'm not sure if it would be

----------

My fiancé and I spend far too much time using our laptops in bed... our couch is too tiny and they ARE called lap-tips after all ;) this is a super simple solution - and I'm not sure if it would solve the pressure problem - but we have these from ikea and LOVE them. http://m.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/art/50239075/

Because the bottom bit is basically like a beanbag it's easy to angle etc. Very comfortable and lightweight.

8. boredandlonely macrumors member

9. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Get some Elvis angled glasses like he used to watch TV in bed.

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How would help the OPs [18 month old] problem?

11. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Like I look at the dates. And I was trying to be a little silly with a tangentially related item used by a bloated icon.

Forgive me for my faults.