iPad Pro Devicewear Ridge case available for iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by map1978, Nov 23, 2015.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

2. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

Case arrived last night and I can say my search is over for a case. Devicewear does it every time for me. Perfect fit, perfect cutouts, and really good quality for a folio case. I've retired from reviewing lol but rest assure this case is def worth the $29.99 with free shipping.

Here are some pics, enjoy

IMG_5651.jpg IMG_5652.JPG IMG_5654.JPG IMG_5655.JPG IMG_5656.JPG

3. cshk9574 macrumors member

the case is nice...as I had one for all my previous ipad's. However, this one for iPad pro didn't work so well.

When you fold the case to the typing position, the crease is firm and so the cover itself won't flap flat there's a slight curve so it won't lay flat on the screen. Maybe the crease will loosen up but I didn't want to deal with it right now. So going back to smart cover from apple, it's expensive but quality is unmatched.

4. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

Not having any of those your talking about. Plus typing angles work just fine with no flap issues.

5. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Neither am I. Mine lies almost perfectly flat on the screen. I guess it sits up ever so slightly by the 'hinge' area, but it's so miniscule it's a non issue. Lightweight, cut outs are perfect at all speaker locations and all button locations. For the money, not much else at the moment on the market for iPad pro that's better.

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Any cracking of the corners on the Ridge case with the IPP?

7. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Devicewear has actually done a fantastic thing in how this case snaps onto the iPad. If you look at the above pics carefully, you'll see that the back cover doesn't snap onto the corners like most cases. It snaps on around the edges of the iPad instead, which prevents the stress on the corners that most other cases have. So this case is more likely than others to NOT have the corners crack.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Wow, didn't notice that.

I had one on my Mini 4 and it covered the corners and it cracked away at 3 of the 4 corners.

Be interesting to see how they design the new one for the Little Pro.

9. JTravers macrumors 6502a

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

11. JTravers macrumors 6502a

You hate it. I love it. People are hard to please, lol!

12. JTravers, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

JTravers macrumors 6502a

I just wanted to comment that I've had this case now for a couple weeks and think it's absolutely fantastic. Slimmer than I expected. Great stand positions which even work well in your lap. The only place for improvement would be a more secure way to keep the cover open in "book mode." Thats just a little nitpick, though.

13. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek

I have had this case on my iPad 3, 4 and Air and absolutely loved it. I got it for my 9.7 Pro yesterday and was very disappointed. Yes, the pencil ridges are annoying and cause the iPad to wobble a little but the biggest issue is with the cover magnets. The cover magnets are crazy weak and the cover would keep opening. I had no issues with the magnets on any of the other version I had. It almost make me think maybe they put the magnets in the wrong location?

14. JTravers macrumors 6502a

That's unfortunate to hear. Definitely contact their customer service and see what they have to say.

15. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek

I sent their customer service a message this morning. I will post the response.

16. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek

Customer service was quick to respond. I sent them a video showing the magnet issue. They have tested a case with their iPad Pro and are sending me a replacement. I am very impressed with their customer service!
    I'll post back when it arrives.