Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Just a friendly suggestion for the registered developers on this forum. I suggest installing the GM on your phone now instead of waiting for the public release. Then you likely won't have to wait such a long time for iOS6 to be installed on your computer. I downloaded the GM today and the DMG file downloaded pretty quickly.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Just a friendly suggestion for the registered developers on this forum. I suggest installing the GM on your phone now instead of waiting for the public release. Then you likely won't have to wait such a long time for iOS6 to be installed on your computer. I downloaded the GM today and the DMG file downloaded pretty quickly.

It's pretty safe to say this thread was not needed. Why would the developers wait for the public release to install iOS6? They need the GM to work.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
It's pretty safe to say this thread was not needed. Why would the developers wait for the public release to install iOS6? They need the GM to work.

+1 and why would we need OP to remind us- waste of space, but explainable

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Then as a friendly reminder why and how did you get the GM? :D

Steps down off my high horse.

I have legitimate developer access. Had I obtained it illegally, I should think it would be wise for me to turn myself in, because my not admitting to pirating software would make me look like I have no respect for copyrights.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I have legitimate developer access. Had I obtained it illegally, I should think it would be wise for me to turn myself in, because my not admitting to pirating software would make me look like I have no respect for copyrights.

I was not passing judgement I was mainly curious. I found the post humorous because I am pretty sure the developers knew to download the GM. I also found it funny you mentioned the speed at which the GM downloaded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.