Devs: iOS 5 and home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by selcouth, Jun 7, 2011.

1. selcouth macrumors newbie

Have those of you playing with iOS 5 noticed any changes to the home button problems some of us have been having? Single click, double click, triple click sometimes clicking more or less than desired?

2. stewart715 macrumors 6502

So far I haven't noticed anything but I'll keep an eye out now...

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

still the same as before as far as I'm aware. Will report back if I notice anything.

4. f00f macrumors 65816

I have the same flaky home button. Single clicks interpreted as doubles & vice versa. Clear suggestion that it's hardware & not iOS.

5. DrSD macrumors member

Lot of problems with the Home button.

today i had to click like 10-15 times to make the Home button work but then again after a while it was not working.

I had this problem before as well but since i have upgraded to iOS 5 seems like its more often.

But then i tried to call the apple care and now its working fine.

Don't know what todo ? Should i take it to Apple store or wait.

its frustrating cause without home button working iphone is just a cute toy.

6. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

From what I understand, if you're running iOS 5 and you take your phone in for repairs, they'll immediately say they can't help you because you're not running a fully baked OS. Not sure if it's true, that's just what I've heard.

In my case, I was having problems with the Home button since before installed iOS 5...I think it has to do with double-clicking it to use multitasking.

7. WeatherGuy macrumors member

I think iOS has a memory clearing issue, which at some point begins to effect all aspects of the iPhone. I have an iPhone 4, 32gb running iOS 5 beta 2. At first, beta 2 was working great, but then it began to slow down and I started having issues with the iPhone's performance, including with the home button.

Fix? Go in a few times a day, and close out all your open programs in the multitasking bar. This seems to alleviate the slow downs, and bugs significantly. Hope this helps!

8. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

The only change, which I attribute to beta, is the rare time when pressing the home button doesn't do anything. In those couple of instances I have to use the sleep/wake button to get out of the current app. I think it's only happened about 5 times so far.