Devs - Update your app icons please!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stevearm, Jul 20, 2010.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

I find it amazing how most of the apps that have new updates in the last few weeks carry on with the ugly low-quality icons on the iPhone 4. Does it really take that long to create a new icon file for upload along with your update?

Come on devs, give us high quality app icons asap please :)

2. vettori macrumors 6502a

I'm doing it when I have an upgrade ready for an app (not only the icon I add also the hi-res graphics elements).

But I'm not releasing an upgrade just to update the icon ! :)

3. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I'm curious about this too. Two apps I use were updated yesterday to multitask with 4.0 and both kept the same older icons. Not sure why that would be. :confused:

4. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I wish they'd update the icon with the rest of the upgrade for the app.

5. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

I think something worth remembering is that most app devs are just that, developers. Most won't know how to make their own icons, and they'll be using outside companys/individuals for their art. I would assume it's not just a five minute job.

Like I say, something to remember.

6. amorya macrumors 6502

On the flip side, you need to submit a 512x512 pixel version of the icon into iTunes Connect anyway… in a pinch, reducing that to 114x114 should work.

7. shpint macrumors member

That's exactly what I'm doing O.O

How come archetype app icon looks super beautiful even when onthe iPad?
    I mean. Isn't it suppose to be the same resolution as those for the iPhone 4?
    Compare to my app, archetype looks Ike an iPad app. Mine is still a little blurry.