Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmoreau05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2013
Help!! My wife put her phone in DFU mode accidentally and I'm unable to get it out. I've tried the sequence of buttons with no success. Also tried tiny umbrella, it shows the phone in the "log" but will not actually recognize it in the left pane. The only functioning button is "Fix Recovery". The phone is not backed up to iTunes or iCloud so we are trying desperately to recover without losing anything. Any help is greatly appreciated!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Help!! My wife put her phone in DFU mode accidentally and I'm unable to get it out. I've tried the sequence of buttons with no success. Also tried tiny umbrella, it shows the phone in the "log" but will not actually recognize it in the left pane. The only functioning button is "Fix Recovery". The phone is not backed up to iTunes or iCloud so we are trying desperately to recover without losing anything. Any help is greatly appreciated!

If the phone is really in DFU mode, then just reboot it. It will reboot normally.
If the phone has gone into recovery mode, then it it's firmware is likely screwed up and needs to be restored.

Why did you not back it up. Reckless :eek:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

Have you tried the "Fix recovery" button in Tiny Umbrella? It seemed to do the trick when my 5s got stuck in a weird recovery/DFU mode after a failed iOS 7.0.4 update.

cmoreau05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2013
I have tried both of these steps; neither worked. When I plug the phone to the computer, Tiny Umbrella actually tells me that a device is connected in DFU mode. I just can't seem to find a way to get it out.

Also, "fix restore" did not work on this device.

----------

If the phone is really in DFU mode, then just reboot it. It will reboot normally.
If the phone has gone into recovery mode, then it it's firmware is likely screwed up and needs to be restored.

Why did you not back it up. Reckless :eek:

I'm assuming that a full restore is the likely case, however, looking for all avenues around it. I'm sure she's learned her lesson on not keeping the phone backed up. :mad:

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
Hold the power and home button after 5 seconds let the power button go then it should reboot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.