DFU problem, not a noob here

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WRXface, Jun 27, 2010.

1. WRXface macrumors regular

ok first off, ive been on this forum since the first iphone was JBed, so i know what im doing.

i jb my 3G from 3.1.2 to 4.0 with pwnage tool that worked liked a charm ::thumbs up::

ok now i have a friends 3Gs, he told me its on 3.1.3, and it was Jb (not with spirit).

my issue is that it only comes up with the itunes logo, when i go to go into DFU using pwnage, when i turn it off, and im gettin ready to hold the power and home it fails because the itunes logo came up right away.

so i close pwnage tool, and do it myself, i checked on my pc if it was in it by checking the bootrom, which is also good(on the old one)

but when i go to restore using my custom .ispw, i hit a 1600 error?

ok but tomorrow, im going to my friends (who works for AT&T) house, and using his sim card to activate so i can get to the normal screen.

other than that any suggestions from anyone?!

2. Curare macrumors newbie

I was getting the 1600 issue on my 3.1.3 3GS. First, try RecBoot to get out of Restore/DFU. Then, Check out the 3.1.3 Spirit JB thread. Upload an the install the files he provides and then try to restore with your custom firmware. Good luck.

3. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

So he used Pwnage Tool?

You can only use DFU mode through pwnage to help restore and pwn your phone. If you are simply restoring using a custom FW you must do it in recovery mode.