DFU restore not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TB07-NJ, Aug 11, 2010.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Trying to get my phone back to "virgin" because I have been having battery problems and want to confirm it is due to JB.

I am doing a DFU restore and the phone sits with the "completion bar" about 3/4 of the way completed for like an hour and the iTunes completion bar is about 95% complete.

I have removed all my old iTunes backups so there are no apps to restore just the original firmware. I have done DFU restores many times before on my 3GS and also on the 4 and it only takes minutes.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Try another cable or computer if you have one.

If not try redownload the ios as tge one you have could be corrupt?

Also if you installed the helper app for wifi sync on your mac(if you use a mac) you will need to remove this first.

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

I'm glad I checked back and saw your edit.

That was it! That piece of crap wi-fi sync that never works right anyway. It was still running on my PC and after I removed it and rebooted the restore went right through. Biggest waste of $10.

Thanks for the tip. :)

4. bradwork macrumors newbie

thanks

I spent hours researching and troubleshooting. I removed wifi sync for windows and this worked.

Must be something it does to the usb driver. Thank you so much.

5. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

i needed this info as well. i was wondering why i could not restore my 3g in dfu.