DHCP problem - cannot renew lease :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MACloop, May 17, 2011.

1. MACloop macrumors 6502

Hello,
    I have a problem with the network connection on my iPhone4. I usually connect without any problem both at home and at work but yesterday when I came to the office, my iPhone did not find the network. At home yesterday evening everything was as normal.

If I go to network settings I do not get any DHCP or ip address. I have read about this and I found some solutions where you should try to get a new DHCP. My problem thou, is that I have no button "renew lease" - it simply does not show???? So, I cannot ask for the router to give me a new ip??? I have been connecting to this net everyday since january and never experienced something like this. My coulleges have no problems with their iphones.... Does anyone know what to do? I have off course resetet the network settings several times followed by newstarting and tried everything I found when googling... It finds other nets (from neighbours i guess) and if i look at the details, the same problem shows - no ip no dhcp... nothing
    Any ideas???
    heeeelp!
    MACloop

2. MACloop thread starter macrumors 6502

oh I forgott:
    iPhone is a 4-version with iOS 4.3.3 installed