Diablo 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2 constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnpc, Jul 16, 2010.

1. johnpc macrumors member

I have Diablo 2, which is built for PPC macs, running through Rosetta. I expected it to be a little bit buggy but seriously it crashes every ten minutes. I figured maybe Rosetta just doesn't work that well until I got Neverwinter Nights 2 for intel mac and encountered the same problem.

I have a new 13.3 in macbook pro with upgraded RAM and storage. I definitely meet specs to run these games. Are there any patches or anything that you can think of that I need to install before it will work smoothly?

At this point I'm worried I'll never be able to use this laptop for any sort of gaming which is a bummer with Starcraft coming out soon. Any advice or encouragement would be helpful. Thanks!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Check the game designer and publisher's site for patches. That's usually where they live.

3. johnpc thread starter macrumors member

I did check the Blizzard site. I found a patch that was supposed to help with crashing but I haven't noticed a difference. I wasn't able to find any patches for NWN2 crashing though.

Also, I have completely seen your screen name on Kingdom of Loathing. Small Wrld.

4. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

i know this thread is old but have you tried the native installer that blizzard has for diabloe 2 for intel based macs

5. johnpc thread starter macrumors member

Yes. I had to use the native installer to get diablo 2 running. Now that it runs, it only goes for 10 minutes at a time before it crashes unexpectedly. Thank you for your response, even though the thread is old I've just gotten into the habit of relaunching the application after a crash and hoping the autosave was fairly recent.