Diablo 2 Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by uglybitch, Aug 14, 2012.

1. uglybitch macrumors newbie

Aug 14, 2012
    (Heya, long time lurker here finally inspired to make an account due to actually paying for a game and having it not work.)

I very, very rarely had apps crash when using Tiger or Leopard, but since I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard (I know, I'm so current), it's been an increasingly regular experience. The OS itself has crashed/frozen a good dozen times since upgrading a couple of months ago, as well, which easily equals the number of times the same thing happened with previous OSes in the five years I had it pre-SL. Overall, Snow Leopard has been a pretty disheartening experience.

Especially since I can't play Diablo! Just finished installing D2 and it immediately crashes every time upon launch. Model A1211 MBP. The crash report is attached as a txt file; hopefully someone here can diagnose the issue.

Attached Files:

2. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

Apr 5, 2012
    Adrift in a sea of possibilities
    I would try a clean install of Snow Leopard. You shouldn't be getting any of these crashes. Just remember that in SL in order to run your PPC apps, Rosetta has to be installed. I think it's an optional component, but I don't ever remember having to separately load it.
  3. antonis macrumors 68000

Jun 10, 2011
    It would be much more useful to attach the console output (from the console.app) that is produced during the launch/crash of the game as it contains a more meaningful description and explanation of the problem occurred.

Nevertheless, I see you are using version 1.12 of the game. I would suggest to update your diablo 2 game to version 1.13c and try again (if I remember correctly that was the last update released for D2 and it can run under Snow Leopard).
  4. banhytabhand macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2012