Diablo 2 LOD on Aluminum Macbook Questions

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by waiwai, Mar 16, 2009.

1. waiwai macrumors regular

So I've installed D2 and LOD on my Macbook.

I haven't actually tried it out a whole lot. But does anyone have any experience playing the game with the trackpad? I tried navigating and its fine... but haven't tried multi-touch right click yet... Anyone know if it works?

Also how do I assign the spells to hotkeys without mucking up with the mac f keys... like volume control... switching windows and stuff... everytime i press those they dont switch to spells but they switch to os x commands...

2. Islanti macrumors newbie

It works fine on my UMBP 17".

You need to hold the "fn" key down while you press the function keys at the top of the keyboard. You can reverse this so the Function keys act as function keys by default and fn+function does the system action on the keys through the System Preferences. Go to System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard tab. Then check the box "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"

3. waiwai thread starter macrumors regular

Cool thanks for the info! :D I appreciate it.

4. vinyls macrumors member

maybe its just me but, on bootcamp (xp professional) i just installed D2

firstly running around is choppy.

secondly at bosses nd high fps places.. no go for me..? am i doing this wrong.. i couldnt install on mac os for some reason??

helppp - this laptop cant run D2, what games can it run!?!? :S

5. vinyls macrumors member

i take that back, i jsut installed it on my mac OS and its smooooooth as hell..

better than my XPS!!

6. waiwai thread starter macrumors regular

ya, with the 1.12 patch it fixes alot of the incompatibilities and support for OS X... So it runs just like it used to in windows :) back in the day... hehe

7. nickq macrumors newbie

I don't know about playing with the trackpad (personally i hate it). but my macbook runs it well with the latest patches, I had to put the settings on Directdraw because it ran too slow with OpenGL, I don't know if that would be a problem for you. Also, there is another update to play D2: LoD without the CD (more battery juice baby :D)

8. waiwai thread starter macrumors regular

OpenGL works fine for me, i have itunes running music in the background as well and no slow downs. ya i looked at that but i couldn't seem to see what mpq's were on the disc contents... so i just ended up making a backup image of my LOD disc and put it on my hd so i can just mount it whenever i want without disc in the rom :D