Diablo 2 LOD scrambled graphics

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gman101, Dec 26, 2007.

1. gman101 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have been trying to load Diablo II on a new 20" iMac with OS X v 10.5.1. I have attempted to load it a number of times, downloaded the patches and tried the "native" installer. The game appears to load properly; however, when we try to start the game it runs through the initial graphics (ads) and then shows a scrambled diablo page (looks like large square puzzle pieces placed in the wrong positions on the screen) and you can only escape to end the game form that point.

Can't get support on the phone and we are wondering where to go from here. Let me know if you need any more specific info. Thanks for the help!

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I would suggest you call apple and figure out if 10.5 actually support D2 (since its obviously too old to expect blizzard to release a new patch just for OSX 10.5). I know, from my personal experience, 10.4 works fine with D2, and LoD.

3. gman101 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. techmomonkey macrumors newbie

i know from personal experience

hello, I also have D2 LoD. I tried to run it with the Open GL with millions of colors so that it would look nicer. while the mac is capable of doing this, you cannot play the game, the software is too old to be supported for this.

The best way to solve this is to simply put the icon into your dock, click on it to get the video options, and setup the colors to run off the software. I'm not sure of the process exactly, but it'll work, promise. The graphics don't look as good, but you can still play the game.

5. bigrubber macrumors newbie

I upgraded to OSX leopard and I now have this problem but can't seem to find what you are talking about changing the video settings. my software is 10.6.2 and my video card is the 7300gts please help!