Diablo 2 LOD

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by digocortizo, Aug 14, 2010.

1. digocortizo macrumors newbie

Hi, i never had the change to play the game when it was lauched, but i always loved it, everytime i would go to a friends house i had a caracter there. Now i finally got the game and running on a Mac, wich i never touch it was possible!

Anyways, here my problem, the game runs just fine, no freezes, no hang ups, my only problem is, everytime i try to put a preseverd head on my necromancer the game frezes and closes...

IM running a MacBook Late 2008, 2.4ghz 2gb of memory, all stock from factory, only thing i changed was the H.D wich is a 500gb wich is also apple original. IM currenly runing 10.6.4.

If any one can help me..... PLEASE do so! i want my necromancer with the rights defence, not a bluncler! rsrsrrs

Thanks to everyone

2. BertyBoy macrumors 6502

What's the version info on "Diablo II (Carbon)" ?

Single Player or on Battle.net ?

Are these Preserved Heads from recent drops ? or from the shops, or from a while ago, perhaps having been "enhanced" by some third party software ?

3. digocortizo thread starter macrumors newbie

Single player. the game is bone stock, no 3rd party... The heads were from a drop, if im not mistaken, on the tower, level 4 or 5, cant remember..
    The version is 1.13.

case you need any more info, let me know.

Thanks

4. BertyBoy macrumors 6502

Perfect info, and unfortunately, everything seems to be up-to-date. I was aiming at the idea that the heads might be hacked items, but they sound legit.

Still a while before Diablo III comes out (seems like we've been waiting forever), so you may get some luck with posting a message to Blizzard tech support. I suspect that the v1.12a and v1.13 patches were released just to keep the healthy Diablo II on-line player base content until D3 gets out.

No matter how good it's going to be, if they don't control the spammers in multiplayer I'm just not going to buy it.

5. digocortizo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, im give it a try.

I like to play legit, specially since i always wanted this game. guess i play on boot camp and transfer the saved data. That will work right?

As for D3 i'll have a decent Mac by them.

Thanks for the help!

6. imassents macrumors 6502

Blizzard would first have you reinstall the game from your media. When you reinstall it, be sure to backup the Save folder inside the Diablo folder. Once your save is backed up, remove the entire folder and start over fresh.

If you have a CD version, you may like to try installing from the digital media instead. To obtain it, head to http://www.battle.net/account sign up, and register your game to your account. You will then be able to download the full game.