Diablo 2 OS 9 G3 Choppy

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by sutty100, Aug 15, 2015.

1. sutty100 macrumors newbie

My Powermac G3 Beige with a G4 1Ghz upgrade 512Mb RAM and a Radeon 7000 is struggling with Diablo 2! I thought it would fly but that does not seem to be the case. Tried running it at the lower resolution but still no good the fps is rubbish really choppy especially when things get busy. Do I need to upgrade something or is there a patch that resolves these issues at all, or did Diablo 2 never run well on OS9?

2. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

I TRIED to play Fallout 1 and 2 on my Power Mac 8600/250. I thought it would be cool to play them on contemporary hardware as I had never played through them before. Even on a MultipleScan 15! But it just crashed and froze. No matter what I tried, I couldn't invest in a deep RPG knowing my decisions could be destroyed any minute! I tried to even play it in classic mode on my G4 iMac. Same story again. Ended up playing them both on my gaming PC...

Anyway, have you installed Radeon Drivers on your G3? That could be affecting G3 performance. Although I hear the Radeon 9200 won't work at all if the drivers aren't installed.

Have a look here to make sure you have the best possible drivers installed:
    http://gona.mactar.hu/ATI_Mac/#CR