diablo 2 problem. help!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by 6192, Aug 25, 2007.

1. 6192 macrumors newbie

Aug 25, 2007
    The other day i tried to play my old diablo 2 game which always worked perfectly for me but when i put in the play disc an alert came up that said " this disc contains information that no mac OSX can read." i dont know whats wrong its the same computer and everything. any ideas?
  2. krunch macrumors newbie

May 23, 2005
    Diablo was originally made only for OS9, you need to get the OSX version...it's called Diablo II Carbon...I think it's free if you still have your serials...do a google search for it...
  3. donnybman08 macrumors newbie

Aug 31, 2007
    diablo 2 install trouble shooting

I have been trying to play diablo 2, when I installed it, it went all the way through and got to the part where it does a test on a driver and everytime I do this it shuts my laptop down and then reboots it I need help bad please send me a email on what I need to do step by step and I will print it out so I may follow the directions. sincerely in need of great help donnybman08
  4. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2004
    @6192, sounds like your CD has had it....

@krunch, it is the OSX <i>installer</i> which is free, not the actual game.

@donnybman08, what type of Mac are you trying to run this on? I've installed it without issue on a PowerBook, and an iBook. I haven't bothered with it on my MacBook, as it runs nicely enough on the PPC-based Macs. I'm sure there are people on here, who have it running on Intel-Macs....