Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bonut

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
Maryland
Is anyone playing this on a base model 2011 21.5 inch iMac? I'm really anxious to buy this iMac, but the past few days I've been trying to find out how it'll run Diablo 3. I'm hoping to be able to run it on high, or mostly high.

I have the beta running on max settings. Runs smooth as can be for me. The only adjustment I have done is boosted my fan speed 300 RPM's from default. My video card was heating up really bad on default fan settings, which worried me cause I plan to be playing this game a good 4-5 hours at a time. Once I changed the speed the temp droped a good 10degrees, and now I dont feel so worried about it.

Jonesy85

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
Sounds great! I didn't expect it to run the game on high very smoothly, so this a nice surprise. Thanks for letting me know.

Bonut

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
Maryland
Sounds great! I didn't expect it to run the game on high very smoothly, so this a nice surprise. Thanks for letting me know.

Np, just a heads up though. On the D3 mac support forums. Everyone is having mixed results with the mac version, I don't know if these people are using the same models as I have or not though. I imagine most of them having the issue are using older models.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Np, just a heads up though. On the D3 mac support forums. Everyone is having mixed results with the mac version, I don't know if these people are using the same models as I have or not though. I imagine most of them having the issue are using older models.

I'm hoping that my 2011 Mac Mini with the dedicated 256MB video card ( the one in my sig. ) will run it reasonably well. I realise that in large areas with lots of enemies it may slow down but other then that hopefully it will be OK.

Bonut

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
Maryland
Just a quick update on diablo 3 performance.

They updated the beta today and added a command to view FPS.

Base Model 2011 21.5" iMac
Maximum settings average 20-24fps normal, seems low now that i see the number, but to my eyes it ran just fine.

All Settings maxed except shadows on low, 30 fps

All settings maxed except shadows off, 35-40fps

I haven't tried running it on bootcamp. too lazy to install it, but I honestly don't think its going to be that much of a improvement. Maybe for some older models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.