Diablo 3 friends & family beta

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ctbear, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ctbear macrumors 6502a

2. Mercury macrumors regular

Not me, but I'm hoping to get in eventually. I was in the WoW beta and I'm definitely looking forward to revisiting the Diablo Universe now that SC2 is out.

It's unfortunate that it can't be played offline, because Diablo II was a great laptop/airplane/etc. game. I understand the need to prevent piracy and I'll be picking it up on release date nonetheless.

3. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

The online feature is not fully about stopping piracy. It is more about the amount of online features it has and to stop hacks because now you can sell items for real money within the game.

4. Mercury macrumors regular

It's easy enough to fix that—don't allow mixing of single-player and multiplayer, the way Diablo I and II did it.

5. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

True. Maybe they wanna go along with the cloud trend. The pick up and play on any computer since all character info is saved on server.

6. Killery96 macrumors 6502

7. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

I don't think it will run on a 6 core 7 Ghz CPU, I heard activision had told blizzard to move with the times and get it running on more modern hardware, antiques are not supported anymore.:cool:

8. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

There's a quote somewhere about that. Basically that stops people playing. They spend hours playing their single player character, then decide to give multiplayer a go only to realise they have to start from scratch. This causes a lot of people to give up.

9. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

80% of the fun was starting from scratch in D2 :p

I hated Acts 2 & 3.

10. Killery96 macrumors 6502

Lol XD.

11. Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

I got in for the SC2 beta, hopefully I'll have a chance to try out D3 as well...

12. antonis macrumors 68000

antonis

Hm...so Blizzard looks towards cloud as well eh ? I guess it won't be long since we see an icloud service called "iLevel". "You let your computer sync at night and it also levels up your diablo character. By the morning, you are up to 10 levels higher. It's fantastic." ;)

13. turbobass macrumors 6502

Any idea when the public Beta will begin -- or how they end up choosing the people they end up choosing to play?

Just got invited to the new Warhammer MMO Beta from Origin...hrm.

14. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

That's why there's an offline, single player only mode. Oh wait...

Was anyone else surprised that Diablo III Beta (so far) isn't supported on the x1600 MBP's, or any intel graphics card?

15. Mercury macrumors regular

I believe you are referring to this:

Everyone understands the difference between single player and multiplayer. When I decide to switch to multiplayer, I understand I'm starting a new game. In Diablo II, Blizzard had a great system separating ladder play from open battle.net/single player characters. That is how they guaranteed no cheats were involved.

No matter how they spin it, lack of multiplayer is a feature lost from Diablo III. I'll still be buying the game, but I'll sorely rue Blizzard's decision when I'm on a plane, train or anywhere other than my main internet connection at my apartment.