Diablo 3 on 2010 iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ztormie, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Ztormie macrumors regular

I know it's kind of a longshot but has anyone who owns the top model of the late 2010 imac with the Radeon 5750 1GB tried the Diablo 3 beta and if so, what kind of settings were you using? Could you run it in native resolution with decent framerate?

2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

I have the 2011 model running the beta amazingly at native resolution and high settings. I find it unlikely the 2010 model wouldn’t be able to do the same. Blizzard’s SUGGESTED specs are massively lower than that, let alone the required ones. You should be fine. Your GPU may be older but it has twice as much VRAM as mine so chances are it’ll even out decently well.

3. Shadow1psc macrumors newbie

Diablo III beta is not that intense at all. Hardly any graphical options are available and you could use Starcraft II on medium as a benchmark. We won't know how well the game will truly run until either an updated beta client (unlikely this close to release), or retail.

4. ZMAN Z28 macrumors newbie

Sweet, can't wait for Diablo 3. Even though we should be getting ready for a D4 launch.

5. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

I'm not graphic savy

But atm i got and iMac 2010 (base model)

so Core I3 3.06GhZ
    8gig ram (upgrated myself)
    500gig
    and ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Beta been running fine but it's beta and all

I don't have a lot of money so was wondering if there will be an enough difference to upgrade to this version

Originally released May 2011
    21.5-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
    4GB memory
    500GB hard drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics with 512MB memory

and upgrade it to 8gig ram

Thanks

6. mrmarts macrumors 65816

hey ratatapa I have a early 2010 27 iMac too with a 512mg of video ram and 8gig of ram and 2.8ghz i7 processor would diablo run good with the default settings.

7. iCFX macrumors newbie

Most likely it should be fine since D3 is not very intensive game to run so you should most likely get minimum of 30 FPS (on medium settings at least).

8. jicka macrumors member

I ran the beta no problem on my high end 2010 27 inch even running it on osx. The only thing I turned down were shadows and I barely noticed any slow down. I think playing multiplayer and getting a lot of action on screen might Slow it down a little bit on the osx side so I'll probably install the retail game on my bootcamp partition and run everything maxed out except maybe shadows. I'm fairly confident running it in windows I'll be able to max everything even playing multiplayer.

9. iCFX macrumors newbie

Yeah shadows are often big drawback on a system when running a game that has sub-par GPU (specially the mobile GPUs) but they are also not really needed, most of the times I am fine with low-med shadows and leaving out the high/ultra setting because often it either makes the game look too bad or harder to spot the enemies if you play FPS games ^^

10. vodouman macrumors regular

I have a mid 2010 iMac.

D3 runs full settings in Windows at perfect frame rates, native 2560x1440 res.

I don't play games in OSX, they never seem to perform as well.