Diablo 3 on os x 10.5.8

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Pmacman, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Pmacman macrumors newbie

hi there i have imac aluminum and im not able to run diablo 3 because i use leopard , can an upgrade to snow leopard be avoided somehow because i cant get 30 $ i need to get one , plx help , i have win xp installed via boot camp and in case nothing can be done to avoid an upgrade to os x 10.6.8 i d like to know is there a way to transfer game from os x 10.6.8 to win xp so i dont have to dl it all over again , im asking this because i heard some rumors that it is plausible .

2. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Little confused here. You had $60 to buy D3 but not $30 to bring yourself up to an 18-month-old operating system?

You can't, to my knowledge, just copy the OS X installation of D3 to Windows and expect it to run; the binaries are different.

3. Pmacman thread starter macrumors newbie

cus i spent 60 $ on d 3 i dont have 30 to spend on new os , simple math , and i didnt know it wont work on leopard because it works on windows xp

4. deadlyfenix07 macrumors newbie

Yes, you can copy the installation because the only part that is platform specific is the client. All of the data is exactly the same.

You will have to save your diablo 3 data folder to a flash drive that is around 20 gigs, then go into windows and download the diablo 3 setup and let it install more than 10%. After 10% it will start downloading, you can now exit the launcher and replace everything in the data folder with the data folder from osx. Restart the launcher and let it download any updates and the windows client.

Also if you are on a slow connection turn off p2p in the launcher options before you exit the first time.