Diablo 3 RoS

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by franzkfk, Sep 7, 2015.

1. franzkfk macrumors regular

franzkfk

Hi, I would like to know If there is somebody who plays Diablo 3 on the new MacBook retina and If so, could you please tell me your settings and how smooth is it? I know that this machine is not suitable for gaming but I am a casual player and I would like to know how is the Diablo working on the rMcBook. Thnak you.

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Diablo 3 works, it isn't as smooth as other machines. I played for a bit to check, it is playable.

3. timmmmmmmmbo macrumors newbie

timmmmmmmmbo

Only playable on the lowest settings. And i mean all of them! Same for the resolution. Set max fps to 30 and it will be somewhat playable for a casual diablo gamer ;)

4. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

I played some D3 on my old 2011 13" MacBook Pro, it ran okay with most settings on low @ native resolution of 1280x800, so set the resolution to that or close to it, performance of the machine isn't too far off from the performance of the new MacBook (except for the drive, HDD vs SSD, so yeah)

5. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Plays great and my settings are not on the lowest it runs smooth and looks great

6. franzkfk thread starter macrumors regular

franzkfk

7. taiyo85 macrumors newbie

I do have to add that I have installed the El Capitan GM on my 1.1 and the fps went higher... not by much, but its more playable. now I get between 30 to 40 fps at 800 resolution.

I don't know if this was because of the patch or because of Metal on El Capitan, but I enjoy it more for when I'm away from my gaming rig.