Diablo 3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Colles, May 14, 2012.

1. Colles macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,
    I want to play Diablo 3. Ive read the required and the recommended specs that Blizzards suggests for the game. I have the nvidia GT 320 graphics chip and I know it says the reccommended was the 330. Will this make a huge difference? Will my mac not handle it? If so, how and what do I need to do to update my mac to make it run D3 with ease. Thanks.

Colles.

2. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

I have the same GPU, and the game does not run very well. It's playable on low settings, but not very enjoyable. The only thing you can do to make the game run better would be to run it in Windows using bootcamp. This will probably allow you to run at medium-low settings.

The GPU is the problem, and it is not upgradable, so no hardware upgrade will improve your performance.

3. Colles thread starter macrumors newbie

I should have never sold my PC. That would have ran it with ease. i5 oc'd to 3.2 GHz, 2 VC with a gig of ram in SLI conifg, and 8 gigs of ram. Sigh, but I sold it to buy my mac.

4. Beezzy macrumors 6502

Was that recommended or minimum? There's a difference. But your card seems like low settings on everything.

5. Colles thread starter macrumors newbie

the 320 was the recommended. the minimum was the 8800 gt

6. ndonnine macrumors newbie

Recommended is that. RECOMMENDED! For Medium to High graphics settings. You can run on minimum requirements just fine. Don't expect it to be as polished but you can sure play it!

7. Colles thread starter macrumors newbie

I just want to start playing it tonight with my buddy, and then this weekend ill figure out what im going to do for a PC. Ive been checking out costco and I saw a pretty good setup for 899.99 for an i7 with a 25" led monitor.

8. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Horses for courses.

Can you carry your PC around in a backpack?

9. Yixian macrumors 65816

No matter which card you have you should be playing on bootcamp, when it comes to games performance, playing on OS X pretty much cuts your fps in half, at least.

10. Colles thread starter macrumors newbie

No your right this is why I sold my PC to get my MBP. But I want a rig that I can game on and i'm out of school and I dont really need a MB for anything other than web browsing, etc.

11. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

12. kefaith macrumors member

Hahah yes just keep trying. I'm level 6 already!

13. Colles thread starter macrumors newbie

14. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Running on the 330M, the game runs VERY well under Med settings at 1680x1050... I don't think the 320M would be that poorly running at 1280x800 with Low settings.