Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knightabraxas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Mac mini
Machine Model: Macmini1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Solo
Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 1
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MM11.0055.B08
SMC Version: 1.3f4
Serial Number: YM6231QNU35
L2 Cache: 2 MB

(i read that it's good to inclued system specs in one of the thread i just wasnt sue how much lol)

anyways, I've installed diablo II fine but I've got an issue - i get it up and running and when it finall gets to the title screen, something goes wrong! i'm not exactly sure what since I'm not too computer savvy and don't know why it would be doing this. bassically what it does is, it shows the diablo II logo, but i don't get any options. sometimes the background is there but its a duplicated square of a winter scene in multiple places. no matter what, nothing happenes! i litterally went through every key on the keyboard and nothing happens. it just sits there playing the music! i even flaied the mouse arounds, clicking rapidly, but all i got were random... "fwoosh" noises every so often. i have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times, even with the lord of destruction expansion. i really want to play but i just don't know what to do to fix this problem! I wish i could experiment with putting it in "expert mode" on the resolution setup thing that comes on when you start it, but the first time i started it up, i clicked "do not show me this again" so now i don't know how to make it come back up. If it's an issue with my moniter, there's very little i can do about that except for chaning the resolution (i have this huge clunky "avitron" moniter from our old pc from 2002. it works amazingly and has fantastic resolutiion for it's age, i hope it's not because of my moniter.)
anyways, the only thing i can actually do when i get to the title screen is press escape, which immediatly works, so i'm almost positive it isn't freezing or crashing. but i can't be sure.

so has anyone else experienced this problem and can someone PLEASE shed some light on this issue?????

padré

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
easy to fix

this is a problem easy to fix dude

when you start diablo you'll be asked to configure your hardware (atleast when u start it the first time) if it doesn't show it automaticly just press the option button while starting the game.

then select configure video and select softwere mode, NOT opengl,

the problem should be solved now...

try to search this site more frequently and search in the forum histories, this question has been asked a million times :)

cya (sry for my poor english)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.