Diablo II LOD error

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by wang259, Sep 5, 2007.

1. wang259 macrumors newbie

hey all, i have a 15" mbp, bought it last year. I just installed diablo 2 lod and the install went smoothly but when i try to open it, the beginning screens (that say blizzard entertainment and all that) go by fine. however, when i get to the main screen (where i can choose single player, multi player, etc.) the screen gets all jumbled and distorted and i cant even see my mouse or anything. does anyone else have this problem or know how i could fix it?

ps my hardware test went fine

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Try setting the renderer to Software in the prefereces (if you can see the preferences...I think you can hold down Option when launching to get some options).

3. wang259 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks! that worked perfectly
    do you know if theres anyway to make it run in widescreen?

4. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Wonder if the mods can sticky the "run D2 in software under Intel" point? Seems to come up every 1-2 weeks.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Not sure about that. Last I knew it only ran in 4:3 aspect. I think originally just 640x480 and then they might have patched it to run at 800x600. It's possible there was a patch that enabled it to run in widescreen but I never heard of it. Widescreen (first Titanium PowerBooks) was just barely introduced while D2 was still being played a lot, I don't think many people had machines capable of it at the time.

6. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

He's right. There was no widescreen patch released to D2.

7. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a