Diablo II not smooth

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by sinser, Apr 12, 2009.

1. sinser macrumors 6502a

sinser

I'm playing (for the first time) Diablo II on my classic MacBook Pro, but to me it feels not smooth when several enemies appear and are to attacked. It's like the computer hangs for a fraction of second. Is this a normal issue ?

I have also a game related question that veteran for sure can answer: is it normal that when I save a game every time I play it again it always starts from the camp ?

2. Dissenter1111 macrumors newbie

Hello-
    I have the same problem with my copy of D2 on my MBP, I think it happens when your character makes critical hits on monsters. I have no idea how to stop it from doing that but it's never been a real problem so I've always just ignored it. Yes when you save and exit a game you will always reload in the current acts town.

3. filter macrumors newbie

I seem to have the same problem on my Macbook Pro, however, in my case the hang is more around 1 second or even 2, making the game very unsatisfying to play. I have the 2.4GHz Penryn, I believe.

If anyone could offer me some advice on figuring out the problem, it would be much appreciated. I'm fairly new to the Mac world.

4. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

D2 has always been crappy on the intel macs. If you want to play seriously, I would definitely install XP and play on that. Your mac discs probably work to install on Windows too.

Come to think of it, I have always had better luck w/ D2 on windows machines than macs. It's always been smoother and less buggy for me, even before the intel era began.