Diablo II question

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by rudini, Apr 6, 2009.

1. rudini macrumors member

If i have the game on Mac and my friend has it on PC, can we play in online?

(through BattleNet or whatever)

Thanks!
    -rudy

2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

i know it has problems with intel based macs. but the previous generation macs can run it fine. one thing to note. there is a beta out there for intel mac compatibility. but only for single player. but blizzard is working to release a full patch soon. at least that was the last said by them.

3. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Yes, battle.net fully supports cross-platform gaming. You can't even tell the difference.

You might run into problems installing/running the game if you have an intel mac, though. Check these forums or google for more info.

4. vampyr macrumors regular

no issues with running Diablo II on Intel Macs.

Best thing to do is create a blizzard.net account, add your games to your account online just using the cd-kay, and then download the game from Blizzard for the Mac rather than installing the CD and then trying to patch it.

5. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

There are issues on some Intel Macs, but not all of them. I couldn't get Starcraft or Diablo II to run on my early-2008 Macbook Pro, but all I had to do was revert some drivers and everything worked fine. Never had any problems on Battle.net either.