Diablo II Resolution Yet?!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ckeane17, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ckeane17 macrumors newbie

So have we found a good fix yet to play Diablo II for those x3100 graphics chip users for the Macbook?
    Still need 256 color..
    Gosh Apple just continues to disappoint me.. over and over again..

2. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

Blizzard to the rescue, pretty much. They are working on a patch for D2 to fix Apple's f-up and reluctance to fix it. It's been what, broken for 5 months?

3. ckeane17 thread starter macrumors newbie

pretty much...
    mac = the definition of incompatible
    i don't care what you say.. windows is better

4. imassents macrumors 6502

Not yet :( I was disappointed it wasn't addressed in 10.5.7.

Diablo patch 1.13 is supposed to fix it, however when it will be released I have no idea. Can't be too far off surely.

Are you aware of the single player beta patch?

5. ckeane17 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

Macbooks and Mac Mini's with the x3100 (and 950?) haven't been able to run Diablo II and play on Battle.net for about a year and a half now.

There is a beta patch that allows it to work, but you can't play online.

Supposedly 1.13 will fix this, but who knows when that is coming out because they stop working on it to fix Warcraft III hack issues.

All I can say is, this kind of stuff doesn't happen in Windows. Apple basically removed 256 color modes from their graphics driver for this GPU, breaking SC and Diablo II. SC was fixed already. In Windows, you could just wait for a new driver to come out and then you'd be back up and running.

The problem in this case is two fold. Apple breaks it and hasn't fixed it since with the many updates to Leopard. Blizzard will fix it, but it has taken them so long to do.