Diablo II/Starcraft Question

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by AceOfBass, Sep 2, 2007.

1. AceOfBass macrumors member

AceOfBass

I'm looking to get either Diablo II or Starcraft for my MBP to play with some old friends from High School as a way of keeping in touch, and I'm wondering which works best for mac? I'm currently using a 2.2 gHz SR MBP, which means an intel processor. Also, once installed, is it possible to play online with people on non-mac's?

Thanks everybody
    Ace

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I still play Starcraft from time to time, on my intel MacBook. Works fine, and yes you can play with people that don't have Macs.

Blizzard is the *best* when it comes to releasing updates for Mac and PC simultaneously to allow this to always happen.

3. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Check the threads here - Diablo II runs pretty well if you turn off hardware graphics rendering. Starcraft runs pretty well under OS X but resolution sucks. D2 at least goes to 800x600.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

With Starcraft, the resolution is the same on any computer you play on. Doesn't matter if it's a 15" screen or 40" screen.

5. AceOfBass thread starter macrumors member

AceOfBass

cool thanks a lot! I'd been reading about the problems people were having with games on the forums and I wanted to check out these games beore spending the $30 or whatever it would be on them seeing as I'm a poor college student :D

Go Huskers
    Ace

6. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

You can probably get either of those games for about $10. If you're only gonna get one of them, get StarCraft. It's probably the best PC/Mac game ever, and it has aged very well.

7. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Whichever you get - Diablo II, Starcraft, (or Warcraft III!) - get the Battle Chest version, as it'll include both game + expansion. You can still probably get these for $25-30 new.

8. AceOfBass thread starter macrumors member

AceOfBass

yeah I'm using my little brother's Discs, question though, how do I install the expansion? I clicked on the installer and it said that the file wasn't supported by the system... am I doing something wrong here?

9. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo

Check at apple.com (search SC) and get the OSX installer. The installer that comes in the disc is for Mac OS 9.
    Good luck