Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Just started really playing Diablo III after all this time, had this sitting here since release but never really gave it a proper run.

After playing for the last few days and since the demise of the auction house is there now any point in crafting ?

I am clearing out each area I find or have to visit and doing so I am getting weapons and armour etc that stand me in good stead for anything that I run into.

So is there any point to the crafting side of this game ?

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
The latest patch was supposed to address crafting heavily. Taking away useless crafting ingredients, and making the items a bit better from what I read, but I haven't played in a few weeks. I think the patch just came out recently.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
The latest patch was supposed to address crafting heavily. Taking away useless crafting ingredients, and making the items a bit better from what I read, but I haven't played in a few weeks. I think the patch just came out recently.

OK thanks :)

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
You can craft rares, use the cube and turn it into a legendary
You have lost me there, cube ?
Also I did say I have only just started playing, I am at level 30 and in Act 2 and have found rare and legendary stuff already, so when should I think about starting to craft items ?

Thanks so far :)

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
You have lost me there, cube ?
Also I did say I have only just started playing, I am at level 30 and in Act 2 and have found rare and legendary stuff already, so when should I think about starting to craft items ?

Thanks so far :)

When you're 70. You can craft some things here and there, but you level so fast that it's hardly worth worrying about. And talking about Kanai's Cube you can start using at 70.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
When you're 70. You can craft some things here and there, but you level so fast that it's hardly worth worrying about. And talking about Kanai's Cube you can start using at 70.

I assume I will pick up this cube along the way somewhere ? Please do not tell where though :)

Last edited:

omvs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
I found normal crafting was useful until I hit level 70 - generally I'd have a few holes in my equipment where I'd either be finding blues or my yellows would be too old, so it was good to be able to craft some replacements as I was leveling up.

Granted I haven't played a non-level 70 since the latest patch, so if the yellow/orange loot rate has significantly increased maybe its not valuable anymore.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
I assume I will pick up this cube along the way somewhere ? Please do not tell where though :)

Yes, at 70 you pick it up in the new zone added. Can't remember if it's a quest or what but plenty of info out there. Makes crafting useful again at 70.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I think I got it in Act III. I can't quite remember exactly where though. It's very useful. I NEED MORE MATERIALS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.