Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
The question is stated above. I've been fiddling with settings and I'm getting decent FPS, but I'd like to see what others are doing, and what their frame rate is.

I'm getting around 40-43FPS with these settings. By the way, you can show your games FPS by pressing Control+R during gameplay on your Mac.

Display: Fullscreen
Resolution: 1280x720 (on my TV)
Letterbox: Unchecked
Vertical Sync: Unchecked
Max Foreground FPS: 40
Max Background FPS: 8
Texture Quality: Low
Shadow Quality: Off
Physics: Low
Clutter Density: Off
Anti-Aliasing: Unchecked
Low FX: Unchecked

I mean my current FPS is acceptable, but I'd like to get around 60-70. What should I do?
Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!

Last edited:

justoneaim

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
BIG ISLAND HAWAII
The question is stated above. I've been fiddling with settings and I'm getting decent FPS, but I'd like to see what others are doing, and what their frame rate is.

I'm getting around 40-43FPS with these settings. By the way, you can show your games FPS by pressing Control+R during gameplay on your Mac.

I mean my current FPS is acceptable, but I'd like to get around 60-70. What should I do?

the ASUS G75 VW can run this game on ultra settings! my mac overheats even trying to play for ten minutes thus i bought the new ASUS G75vw.
most important is dont ruin your mac trying to play this game even though you can. it greatly over works the machine and in turn reduce's its life.
boot camp is a solution...... as open GL (macs version of directX) cannot perform graphic intensive tasks well, where as directx 11 can make short work of games like this. maybe apple will think about getting into the gaming market but until then well.... you know what I mean. I still want the new Macbook pro however i had questions as to wether this new slimmer design would be a problem heat wise, hence the new ASUS purchase but as for me im content with my gaming laptop now, i feel relieved that when i do get a new mac i can use it for what its ment for.....also just to recap the apple graphic software known as openGL is greatly inferior for gaming compared to the windows directX. p.s. you will definatly see better performance on bootcamp bro ....peace from hawaii

mikeo007

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010

Display: Fullscreen
Resolution: 1280x720 (on my TV)
Letterbox: Unchecked
Vertical Sync: Unchecked
Max Foreground FPS: 40
Max Background FPS: 8
Texture Quality: Low
Shadow Quality: Off
Physics: Low
Clutter Density: Off
Anti-Aliasing: Unchecked
Low FX: Unchecked

Buying a new computer is the only way to get 60-70 fps.
There is no upgrade or tweak possible for your computer to get FPS that high, it's just too underpowered.

Also, check off low FX for a slight boost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.