Diablo III, Starcraft 2, Guild Wars 2, Valve games

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jdhatt, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jdhatt macrumors regular

hi guys,

these are the games i plan on playing when i purchase my new macbook i5 15inch. i know the processor difference between the i5 and i7 is barely noticeable especially for someone like me who doesnt do all that high-end rendering stuff. the only thing thats freaking me out is the difference in quality between these games with the nvidia 330m 256 mb vs 512 mb. some have said it'll make no difference as most games these days just use the speed of the card and not the space, and that the 330m is not even fast enough to take advantage of the 512mb....what would the quality difference be between the two for these games? i plan on getting the high-res screen, does that change anything?

the graphics card is my biggest dilemma with this decision of the i5 vs i7, i dont care about anything else except that, HELP PLZ!!! is it worth it?!?!?!

2. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

go with i7, worth the extra couple hundred, get education discount and you'll pay probably even less than you would for i5 retail haha

3. Mirabella macrumors regular

Is Diablo III out, yet?

P.S. Only you can decide whether it's worth it to you to get the i7. It was worth it to me.

4. jdhatt thread starter macrumors regular

the only thing that would make it worth it, is if it played these games in better quality, with less lag and better framerates and all that junk....and i also need to know if the i5 will be able to play these games...nothing will make the i7 worth it to me except this....im pretty much set on the i5...its just the graphics card thats messing up my decision, stupid apple to cheap to just throw in a measly 512mb in all there higher end macbook pro's

5. jdhatt thread starter macrumors regular

and no its not out, still a while, but its a blizzard games so the graphics requirement cant be significant

6. seitothemax macrumors newbie

I would say, just go for the i7 so that you will not regret buying the i5 when it runs those games badly ;)

7. jdhatt thread starter macrumors regular