diagnose / fix iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carstene, Feb 16, 2012.

1. carstene macrumors newbie

Hi, I am interested in the Apple Certified Macintosh Technician‎ course. I have enough info about this but can't find anywhere if the software Apple supplies you with in this course, includes an iPhone diagnose software to learn to fix iPhones ? Something like the guys have at genius bar ?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Carsten

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

The key word here is Macintosh technician. The Certification description states:
    That training will not cover iPhone or iPad repair.

3. carstene thread starter macrumors newbie

Darth, thanks for the response. I did re-read the AppleCare Technician Training info and you are right it seems not included. Shame this way it's not much use for me for now.

To throw another question out there, is there any training Apple does provide to repair iPhones ? It's a fair question as the people that do repair iphones for Apple need to learn this somewhere, unless anybody can stand behind the apple genius bar and just hit a button to diagnose the iphone :)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Apple doesn't train anyone outside of their company to diagnose or repair iphone's.
    They want you to go to them not some 3rd party repair shop. So you can bet the many repair shops out there that are local or even online didnt have any training directly from Apple.
    Its basic electronic repairs, finding the right parts and the more you do it the more you learn and become comfortable.
    And also that diagnostics utility they use at the Apple Genius bar is for Apple only and runs off their servers.
    Its not saved locally on a hard drive or it would have already leaked all over the place.
    You need the right login credentials to access that stuff.

5. carstene thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought. Looks like I have to keep watching the repair videos, tutorials and keep adding repair skills myself. It's as you mentioned basic electronic repairs. We might get lucky and the rumor is true that apple is developing an online diagnostic tool for all iphone users.
    I love Apple but sometimes they are too "secretive"