Diagnostic & Data faults

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oVerboost, Jan 8, 2014.

1. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

My 5s is suffering terrible battery all of a sudden, I had it set up from new straight out the box so no dodgy files etc copied from an old backup.

It's crashed on numerous occasions, and before I make an appointment with Apple I wanted to know if this is severe, or something the next update will fix or if the phone is duff...

I have also restored the phone twice, DFU restored and it makes no difference. Battery life is terrible, random crashes/restarts etc.

This is what's listed in the data & diag section on the phone, anyone tell me if this is extreme/ common/ rare/ etc.

Thanks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. oVerboost thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. viperGTS macrumors 65816

You have lots of system apps crashing from a fresh restore... That's definitely not a good sign. Take the phone in and they should take care of you.

4. oVerboost thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I thought I'd probably have to tbh, sadly :(

5. bmac4, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

6. oVerboost, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

oVerboost thread starter macrumors 6502a

Diagnostic & Data faults

The reason I asked was because someone may know if these are software related, app related, or hardware related. If it's a common issue with other people too, it's probably down to buggy 7.0.4 but if someone can look at my screen shots and say no, that's hardware related, then I'll make the appointment as I don't want to waste my time going in, to be given the usual rubbish about resetting the phone etc like they normally do if I can tell them a bit more information from what I've found out etc. They may be "geniuses", but they aren't geniuses in my local Apple store lol.

I've just restored the phone (again) as new to give it one last shot. The poor battery is my biggest issue recently.