Diagnostic Software?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arkanok, May 13, 2010.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Hey all, I have a mid-2007 MBP and I'm in the middle of moving and I have reason to believe that something MAY be wrong with my MBP. I looked for the restore dvd that came with my computer that includes the diagnostic software, but can't find it. Is there a way I can download this software from somewhere? I don't feel like tearing up box after box to try and find the disc.

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

You won't find it online. Too many model specific disks out there.

You may be able to find the Apple Service Diagnostics for your model (again , specific) which is what the genii use at the apple store.

If you have a current AppleCare agreement you can download techtool deluxe from apples website though it isn't very good IMO.

Apple might be able to send you a disk.

The genii should also be able to scan ur machine at the bar.

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

Reboot the MacBook Pro and hold down the D key while it boots back up. That will boot it into the onboard diagnostics software. From there you should be able to do some limited testing.

A simple Google search also yielded the link below. It's amazing what Google will find for you.

Intel-based Macs: Using Apple Hardware Test

4. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Yeah holding down the D key while booting would work, I know this, but I don't have the disk. That's the problem I face.. Does it work even without the disk? Well, I'll try it now regardless.