Diagnostics off Mac OS X Install Disk

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ahdickter, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Is anyone else having trouble running the diagnostics program off the Snow Leopard install disk at startup? I updated to Lion but I don't know if that should have anything to do with it.

2. Eradik macrumors regular

Mine didn't work either. I just figured it was a compatibility problem or I was doing something wrong (I've never used it before). Guess it wasn't me and its a bug, or its just not compatible with Lion.

If you find a solution please let me know :)

3. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

The Apple Hardware Test is located on the Applications Install Disc (the second grey disc that shipped with your computer), not the Mac OS X Install DVD (the first grey disc that shipped with your computer).

Try inserting the Applications Install Disc, restart your computer and then immediately hold down the "D" key to launch the Apple Hardware Test (it may take a minute or two as it needs to load from the disc.)

Hope that helps, have a great day. :)

4. Eradik macrumors regular

Ahhh yes. I didn't think to try the app disc, I could have sworn I read somewhere it was the install.

That was my problem. Thanks!

5. ahdickter thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

7. UserName, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

UserName macrumors member

Guys... I thought you could run the diagnostic tools from the separate partition that Lion creates on your HD when you install it? Isn't this the reason why they don't ship the new Mac OS X on a DVD?