Diagnostics Software

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lgwells1, Dec 9, 2011.

1. lgwells1 macrumors regular

lgwells1

I like to work on macs whenever I get the chance. Is there any public software that can test another machine from my 2011 MBP? I get a lot of people who do not have their original install disk, so I cannot run hardware test. I either want a program that I burn the hardware test to CD/DVDs or hook up my computer to another and run it off my machine.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

MacUpdate is offering a promo bundle right now that includes Tech Tools Deluxe 6. I believe you can simply run it from usb.

Just so you know, if TTD finds something, chances are the Mac was already stuck at a grey screen to begin with. TTD reminds me of CheckIt on PC back in the DOS days. It cycles memory, "tests" video, "tests" disk and finds nothing.

3. lgwells1 thread starter macrumors regular

lgwells1

lol well the way you describe TTD6, it sounds like something I should pass on. I was looking for something more on the "actually works" side.

Maybe somebody knows where I can download G5, and intel Mac Apple Hardware Test. I know apple has a lot of powerpc Hardware Test apps posted on their website.