Diagnostics & Usage iOS 6 beta?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Loves2spoon, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Anyone else have this turned on while using the beta software? I don't usually have this turned on but I thought, hey it might help Apple right?

I don't find it wastes that much battery at all, and does anyone know how often it sends the data back to Apple?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's always good to have it turned on as it results in quicker fixes. During a beta it really should be on.

3. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

4. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I always leave it on beta iOS. Off on jailbroken Phones/iPads.

5. reyhero macrumors member

Just a question though. How do you delete/remove the diagnostics and usage data? My phone has been storing data since B1 and the "Others" section in iTunes gradually keeps growing bigger (you the part of iTunes when you plug in your phone and at the bottom it shows what is taking up most if your space) and I'm thinking that this data is taking up space.

6. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

7. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

I leave mine off. For what it's worth I'm not a beta user... but I've posted dozens of things that would make iOS better that have been left out over the last several incarnations. Apple doesn't take advantage of that information I give them... so why should I share my usage data with them?