Dialing on Phone = Numbers Aren't Crisp

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ghsNick, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Is it me or does the new dialing numbers no show up as crisp as before...it's like a little bit of blue as you're typing in the number and when it's displayed.

I'm not impressed with iOS 6 at all...I definitely like iOS 5 better...but I'm loyal to Apple and I'm sure (I hope) they do right by their mapping/passport issues that others have been experiencing. (Luckily I like in a big city in Florida so Maps are good for me) but it seems like iOS 6 is a bit of a flop?

2. BladeLWS macrumors member

You're right, I thought my screen was smudged but no, it's because Steve did not approve this. :rolleyes:

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I don't like to talk about the "DOWNFALL" of Apple and I know there's always haters...but between Maps, Passbook, and minor changes (like the dial screen) that didn't need to be made...I may be selling my Apple shares in the next month.

4. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, for some reason they're integrating the color blue in an awkward and inconsistent way. Not only is it in the dial pad but it also shows up as the background color for the status bar at the top of the screen in some situations but not in others.

Open Settings, Mail, or Instacast and you'll see the status bar appear in a tacky blue color. Open Safari, AppStore, or Reeder and the status bar remains in the appropriate and elegant black color.

5. tnick777 macrumors regular

tnick777

it's supposed to be diffused light... just a style to make it look illuminated...

6. BladeLWS macrumors member

Yea, but it's not supposed to make it look like sh(t in the process.

7. Flash69 macrumors regular

exactly!!!!

8. tnick777 macrumors regular

tnick777

I wouldn't say it's that bad...

... but this brings up a good point... in the settings app there should be an "aesthetics" setting you can go into to change the colors of status bars, bubbles, things like this, etc.

9. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Ah, we're looking at it wrong, fellas. lol

10. chrisk1250 macrumors member

Selling your shares before what will be Apple's largest holiday quarter ever. Probably not a good call.

I do agree however that the dialer seems out of place.

I also don't understand why Safari doesn't have the blue notification bar like the other stock apps (Phone, Settings, Messages).

11. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Looks like the numbers are glowing over here.

12. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'll most likely sell after Q4 Earnings spikes up due to iPhones. If I sell in 2012 I only get taxed 15% of Earnings. With Obama and his plan I'll get taxed 30% come 2013.

13. nba1341 macrumors regular

Lives in first world country, Doesn't want to pay first world taxes.

14. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

30%?! Are you high?! I'm a college student...I'm poor. Just because Obama spent all our money now he wants to take mine. I'll be cashing in for half the tax.

Moron.

15. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

If you have Apple shares, you aint poor. :rolleyes: