Dialog box positioned higher than menu bar?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kg1984, Jan 4, 2008.

1. kg1984 macrumors member

Hi,

Whilst using Cyberduck FTP, a dialog box popped up asking me to Allow or Deny something. The problem is, the dialog box is positioned such that it sits above and around the top of the screen (please see the attached image). I can click on the buttons, but I cannot see what it is I am agreeing or canceling. Anyone know a way of moving the dialog box down so that I can read what it says? I've tried clicking and dragging, and changing resolutions, but no dice so far.

Thanks.

P.S. MacBook 2.2 GHz running Leopard.

Attached Files:

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Might be that the screen resolution is not correct.

Oddly this happens on the automation PCs at work. Each dialog box moves closer and closer to the bottom until it is no longer readable. I used to blame this on Windows being stupid.

3. kg1984 thread starter macrumors member

I'm at 1280 x 800 and have been through all the lower resolutions but with no joy.

BTW, the dialog box is only appearing when Little Snitch is triggered - but I'm still at a loss as to why it positions itself there. :confused:

4. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

I had something similar happen with Firefox in Leopard. The entire top half of the window suddenly warped up above the menu bar. All I could think of was to quit the program and relaunch. Now I wonder if I could have gone into spaces and repositioned it... perhaps you could try that? Just a temporary workaround until this gets resolved.

I wish I knew why it did this, can't help you there.

Edit: Isn't 1280 x 800 a little below the max resolution? Why aren't you running at max?

I looked it up, 1440 x 900 is the max.

5. kg1984 thread starter macrumors member

That's the resolution of a MacBook Pro, I just have a regular MacBook. Thanks for your reply though - will try with Spaces.